Friday, February 10, 2012

A new adventure

I have recently moved to Centre County PA. I had no idea I was moving to one of the country's best fly fishing locations. To make it even better, I live within a few minutes of Spring Creek and Fisherman's Paradise. This area is well known for excellent trout fishing. Much of the area is catch & release. There is also some prohibition on wading for a short section of the creek that is near the hatchery.
In addition to Spring Creek, I'm not far from Penns Creek and not far from the Little Juniata River. All of these are reported to be great places to fish. I can't wait to try all of them.
Anglers in this area are also lucky to have 2 great fly shops at our disposal: TCO Fly Shop and Flyfisher's Paradise. Both of these shops offer some of the best gear and flies for the area. Additionally, they both have great guides and educational opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment