Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Finally tried fishing!

""
My 1st Trout
I finally got a chance to go fishing. I was excited and nervous all at the same time. I knew my basic knots, but must admit that I was not very good at tying of them. In addition to not being very proficient with my knots, I actually had little knowledge of fly fishing, but I was trying. My waders were getting new (different sized) neoprene booties, so I was fishing from the shore.
The people I met were great, very encouraging and offered some advice. I messed around for a couple of hours and had little luck, not even a strike. I did, however, successfully snag my line in lots of trees, grasses, rocks, etc. Eventually, I moved to some ripples and somehow hooked a nice little trout! One of the coolest parts of this is the fly I was using was a Sowbug I tied myself (some gray dubbing on a hook).

No comments:

Post a Comment